We will be happy to assist you in your efforts to hold a productive educational event during TryEngineering Month.
Here is how to participate in this team effort:
Visit STEM Portal and select one of the outreach programs you would like to implement during the TryEngineering Month
Read the implementation guide carefully and start preparing your event.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or your Regional Educational Activities officer that contains the following:
- Your Name
- Your Surname
- Your email
- Your Section
- Your Region
- Your affiliated Organizational Unit that will hold the event (E.g. INSAT SB)
- The location that the event will be held
- The program name from STEM Portal that will be implemented (E.g. STEM Drone Orientation or TISP Workshop)
- The following text “I agree to cover all expenses of the event, and get reimbursed up to the amount of $250 for the materials used”
- The eligible materials are the lesson plan materials (for TISP Workshops) or other materials needed to conduct the educational method. Any other expense (e.g traveling, posters, promotional materials, coffee break, lunches, gifts etc) is not covered.
A TryEngineering Month team member will contact you to request the agenda of the event in order to be approved.
- Create an event in vTools under the category Pre-University event.
- Be sure to add the following logo and link to the end of the event description
- Send the link to email@example.com.
If your event implemented directly to pre-University students please read the IEEE Guidelines For Working With Children and IEEE Policies and follow the procedure to get trained and get certified for working with children.
After the event is held, submit an event report in vTools.
Submit the expense report in Concur